If you are extra busy with work or school but still want to eat healthy, I am with you. I have a few dishes I make often to help me get through the busy times and this is one of those dishes. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 6 oz soy chorizo (half of the sausage)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper
- 4 – 15 oz cans of beans (I used great northern & black but any type will work)
- 26 oz chopped tomatoes (I use a box of Pomi)
- 3 oz tomato paste (half of 6 oz can)
- sprinkle of epazote (optional- a seasoning found in the Mexican aisle of the market)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Remove casing from soy chorizo and add to large stockpot over low-medium heat.
- While soy chorizo is sautéing, chopped onion, jalapeno, and bell peppers and add to stockpot.
- Turn up heat to medium. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to stockpot. Mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Mix well and turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- I usually top with a wedge of lime, avocado and a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
- This keeps well for up to 4 or 5 days.
- Good on top of rice, quinoa or roasted potatoes.