This is a dish my mom used to make but she used cream and butter. I used to love it but have not had it in years. I tried to make it healthier and just as tasty as the old version. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 ½ pounds new potatoes (I quartered mine because they were fairly large)
- 10 oz peas (I used Trader Joe’s English Peas)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk you like)
- 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp herbes de provence
- lemon pepper (just a sprinkle)
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- In large stockpot, steam potatoes until fork tender.
- In small saucepan, add peas and about a ¼ cup of water and cook over medium heat for a few minutes. Drain excess water and set aside.
- In large saucepan, combine milk, flour and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer until sauce thickens.
- To sauce add herbes de provence, lemon pepper, sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Add potatoes and peas into cream sauce. Combine ingredients. Serve.