A few times a year I clean out my freezer, this recipe is the result of what I found hiding in my freezer. This dish would be great using fresh vegetables and I think almost any combination of vegetables would work.INGREDIENTS
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 6 oz frozen asparagus spears (break the spears in half)
- 4 oz frozen tri-colored bell peppers (sliced)
- ¼ fresh onion (chopped)
- 4 oz Rotelle Pasta (I used quinoa pasta but any type could be used)
- 1 block of soft tofu (drained)
- ½ cup tomatillo salsa
- 4 oz Daiya jalapeno garlic havarti (crumbled) *
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large baking pan, add olive oil, asparagus, bell peppers and onion. Half way thought baking remove and toss veggies then return to oven. Bake for about 30 minutes until the onion is translucent. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to instructions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, on med-low heat, add tofu, salsa and baked vegetables. Combine until tofu is smooth. Remove from heat.
- In an 8×8 baking dish, added cooked pasta to bottom of pan, add tofu mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Most any cheese would be good in this dish. I was using what I had on hand.
- About 4 servings. This recipe could easily be doubled.